Mixed Fruit Punch Recipe

Posted by Srivalli | Wednesday, April 07, 2010 | , , , | 5 comments »

You can't really beat the summer! But you can try by drenching yourself in cool drinks. When we decided we are going to do a month on Refreshing drinks, I was really wondering what I will make. The fact is I hardly ever make a drink other than the usual Lemon Juice or Mango Juice or whatever is the fruit of the season. Those are nothing new right!

Haling from south, I didn't know much about Lassi or anything made sweet with curds/ yogurt for a long time. Though Curds was very integral part of the Thali. When I finally did get to know about Lassi, I just fell in love with it. I had the most enjoyable time when I tasted the different flavours of lassi in Delhi. I have made Mango Lassi and plain one. I am looking forward to get other ideas.

Enough of my rambling, reading the title, I am sure you knew it is not a lassi that I am going to talk about. Rather a mixed fruit punch. The other day Athamma was very keen on making a Pineapple Juice but never got around because hubby dear felt one doesn't take pictures of plain pineapple juice. She didn't tell him that she was planning on a punch! Anyway the pineapple got over, the idea was still lingering in her mind. Thinking she will be rebuke, she extracted pulp using a mixed fruit proportion. Wanted me to make a halwa, but seeing the pulp, I got brain wave and remembered the theme. Lo I had my drink in front of me!

Mixed Fruit Punch

Recipe: Mixed Fruit Punch | Non-alcoholic Mixed Fruit Punch Recipe
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Serves : 3-4
Recipe Level: Easy/ Beginner
Recipe/Post by: Srivalli

Ingredients Needed:

1 Apple
1 Banana
1 Guava
1 cup Water melon
1 cup seedless green grapes
1 cup ruby pomegranate
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 - 3 Tsp Honey
Crushed Mint leaves
Ice Cubes
Method to prepare:
  • Pit and clean the fruits. I didn't remove the seeds in guava or pomegranate. But removed from water melon. 
  • Pulse it all together to get a thick pulp. Dilute it to the required consistency and run it again with ice cubes if you prefer cold. 
  • Remove and mix in honey and lemon juice. Just before serving, add in crushed mint leaves.
  • Serve it chilled.


Special Notes/Tips:
  1. Since the fruits are sweet on their own, you can avoid using sugar. 
  2. With honey I felt it was sweet enough. 
  3. You can retain the apple skin but if you feel it is too thick, sieve the pulp through a bigger colander.
Sending this to Indrani's Summer Food and Drinks event


Subscribe to Beyond Curries

RSS Feed Subscribe by Email Subscribe in a Reader
| Copyright © BEYOND CURRIES 2009 | | All rights reserved |
Legal action will be taken against anyone who violates the copyright laws.

Add This Page:

5 comments

  1. toontz // 8 April 2010 at 01:04  

    That looks so refreshing, even though I have snow in my forecast for tomorrow. Warm Spring days will eventually come, so I will bookmark this for later!

  2. Tina // 8 April 2010 at 17:36  

    Fruit punch looks refreshing and tempting..

  3. egglesscooking // 13 April 2010 at 18:05  

    That's a great drink Valli. I think a small piece of ginger too will give it a nice flavor.

  4. notyet100 // 16 April 2010 at 09:27  

    refreshing this looks,..

  5. meeso // 1 May 2010 at 18:18  

    That sounds awesome! Delicious and so healthy :)