Beetroot is a versatile vegetable and can be used from salads to baking. The color of it pleases our eyes. I love this root veggie in any form but more in the form of juice. You may not like the raw taste of it. In that case, prepare this beet syrup and consume whenever you feel weak.
The raw beet juice will stimulate your body and mind. Carrot, beets and cucumber juice is a good remedy for allergies.
“The presence of alkaline content in the raw juices dissolves the deposits accumulated around the joints and other tissues.”But don’t over dose yourself. Anything in moderation is good. Always mix it with toher veggies and drink. The pure one may paralyze your vocal chords and increase your heart rate…
Recipe: Beet Squash
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Shelf life: Squash can be refrigerated for a week
Recipe by: Viji
500 gms Beet root
400 gms Sugar
2 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder (available at most Asian grocery stores)
- Wash and peel the beet roots.
- Extract juicer using juicer. If not through blender and strain it.
- The same way extract juice from apple, oranges and carrots.
- In a MW proof vessel take the sugar. I used brown sugar.
- Add ¼ cup of water and boil till it is slight thick (for 15-20 minutes).
- Then add the juice and ginger powder. Boil for another 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- Add 2 tbsp of this syrup to one cup of water and drink in the morning. This one is a energy booster.
For Beet Yoghurt:
- Add a tbsp of this syrup with a cup of low fat yoghurt.
- Add your favorite fruits and nuts on top of it. A good mid day snack. It is richer than a branded ice creams.