You must be familiar with spinach paratha or green paratha what kids call. In the same way you can make the broccoli paratha. Low in calories and loaded with nutrients, it is too good with a cup of plain yoghurt or a tea spoon of pickle. The procedure is simple. Mix everything and roll and then fry like our regular parathas.
Recipe: Broccoli Paratha
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 pieces (as shown in the picture)
Shelf Life: Will be fresh for a month in the fridge
Recipe Level: Easy
Recipe by: Viji
1 cup Atta/wheat flour
1 cup shredded broccoli
2 green chilis
Small wedge of ginger
1 tsp garam masala powder
3 tbsp of cottage cheese or plain yoghurt
Salt to taste
2 tsp butter for greasing while folding
Oil for frying
- Wash and cut the broccoli bud. Grate them along with green chili and ginger preferably in chopper if available. You will get fine ones through this.
- Mix all the ingredients and knead them like regular paratha dough. Add water if needed. Leave the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll them into circle. Apply butter lightly and fold it like triangle shape parathas. Fry them like by smearing oil on both sides till they are done. Delicious it was.
- Other veggies can be used here. Adjust the liquid accordingly.
- Taste better when fresh. You can prepare and freeze them for later use also.